Jonathan Rea © Gallo Images
Jonathan Rea secured a third successive victory with a dominant performance in the third race of the Superbike World Championship in Thailand.
Kawasaki Racing Team's Rea, who started the day in pole position, came in ahead of Aruba.it Racing's Chaz Davies and his Kawasaki teammate Tom Sykes.
In a 20 lap race, the Northern Irishman took charge of the opening proceedings, with his pace no match for Aruba.it Racing's Marco Melandri, Davies or Sykes, with those drivers helping to set the early running.
With nobody challenging Rea for the lead it was down to Davies and Sykes to battle it out for second position with the Aruba.it Racing rider finishing two seconds ahead of Sykes, who had to settle for third.
Melandri was a close fourth, while Pata Yamaha's Michael van der Mark completed the top five with a strong ride.
His Pata Yamaha teammate, Alex Lowes, finished in sixth, while Althea BMW's Jordi Torres, MV Agusta Reparto Corse's Leon Camier, Red Bull Honda's Nicky Hayden and Red Bull Honda's Stefan Bradl made the top 10.
Click here to watch video
RACE 1 RESULTS
1. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R 20 laps
2. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1199R 6.279s
3. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R 8.165s
4. Marco Melandri ITA Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1199R 8.239s
5. Michael van der Mark NED PATA Yamaha YZF-R1 11.384s
6. Alex Lowes GBR PATA Crescent Yamaha R1 14.862s
7. Jordi Torres ESP Althea BMW S1000RR 26.035s
8. Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta RC F4 RR 31.755s
9. Nicky Hayden USA Red Bull Honda CBR1000RR SP2 33.305s
10. Stefan Bradl GER Red Bull Honda CBR1000RR SP2 35.208s
11. Xavi Fores ESP Barni Ducati 1199R 35.428s
12. Randy Krummenacher SWI Puccetti Kawasaki ZX-10R 38.865s
13. Lorenzo Savadori ITA Milwaukee Aprilia RSV4 39.869s
14. Markus Reiterberger GER Althea BMW S1000RR 40.140s
15. Roman Ramos ESP Team Go Eleven Kawasaki ZX-10R 47.407s
16. Alex de Angelis SMR Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R 57.203s
17. Riccardo Russo ITA Guandalini Yamaha YZF-R1 1 laps
18. Ondrej Jezek CZE Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10R 1 laps
DID NOT FINISH
19. Eugene Laverty IRE Milwaukee Aprilia RSV4
20. Ayrton Badovini ITA Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10R