Nkana striker Walter Bwalya has not yet been cleared to play in the MTN FAZ Super League despite documentation regarding his status being in place, the Football Association of Zambia (Faz) has said.

Faz General Secretary Ponga Liwewe told supersport.com on Wednesday that Bwalya’s International Transfer Certificate (ITC) arrived last month from the Democratic Republic of Congo and that the player was registered with the FAZ as a result.

However, Liwewe noted that Bwalya - who now appears under the full name of Walter Binene Bwalya Sabwa - had outstanding issues which were before the Faz Disciplinary Committee as well as the Faz Players’ Status Committee, and could therefore not play for Nkana until those issues had been disposed of.

Bwalya was expected to appear before the Disciplinary Committee on Wednesday, 28 July, 2017 for remarks he made which appeared in Zambian local media and deemed by the football body to have brought it into disrepute, but that hearing had to be postponed because the player is said to have had a family bereavement on the particular date.

The new date set for the hearing is Saturday, 5 August, 2017.

“The Players’ Status Committee meets this weekend to deliberate on Walter Bwalya’s matter. Despite the availability of his ITC and registration with Faz, we do not expect him to play this weekend. The whole situation surrounding Walter’s matter will be clear this weekend after the committee has deliberated on it,” said Liwewe.

Lusaka Dynamos Football Club wrote to the Faz in June to query Walter Bwalya’s status, his transfer from Democratic Republic of Congo and consequently his eligibility to play in Zambia.